When I first wrote my 101 in 1001 list of goals back in October of 2008, I felt like I had more than enough time to do everything. Let me tell you, that 1001 days goes by FAST! I can see the end date already… not quite 1 year left to go and I have quite a list left to complete. So, I’m re-posting the list, sans completions, to make it a little more clear what I should focus on next.
Start Date: October 31, 2008
End Date: July 29, 2011
1. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week – seeing as how i no longer have a gym membership, this one is going to be tricky
2. Wake up the first time my alarm clock goes off – i think the only way this is going to happen is if I buy a new alarm clock with a different sound. i try so so hard to complete this every day… something is wrong with my wake up clock.
3. Walk to the grocery store more often – i’ve walked a few times, but probably not enough to cross this off.
4. Go to Mexico – doubt this one is going to happen
5. Go to New England in Autumn – well seeing as Autumn comes after the end date of this list, not gonna happen before the end
7. Go to New York in December – ditto
8. Read at least 1 book a month front to back (personal or business) (0/33) (nov-The Wasp Factory, Iain Banks; dec-Ask the Dust, John Fante; jan-Fast Track Photographer, Dane Sanders; feb-How Dolly Parton Saved my Life, Charlotte Conners; mar-The Soloist, Steve Lopez; april-The Pilgrimage, Paulo Coelho; may-The Time Traveler’s Wife, Audrey Niffenegger; june-The Bluest Eye, Tony Morrison; july-Wolves of the Calla, Stephen King; august-Song of Susannah, Stephen King; september-7 Habits of Highly Effective People; october-Ultimate Secrets of Total Self Confidence; november-Catcher in the Rye; december-Total Money Makeover, Dave Ramsey; January-The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.; February-Purple Cow, Seth Godin; March-The Dark Tower, Stephen King; April-Couldn’t Keep it to Myself, Wally Lamb; May- I’ll Fly Away, Wally Lamb; June- Wishin’ and Hopin’, Wally Lamb; July-The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, David Wroblewski; August-) – not bad but since wedding season, you can see what’s happened to my reading skills…
9. Read 10 classics that I’ve never read (0/10) – there’s always something ELSE I’d rather read but we still have time
14. Write in a journal more than 1 time a week – this shouldn’t be as hard as it is…
16. Do 50 sit-ups a day – i think i should combine this with #14 & #41 to complete #91
18. Learn to sail – hmmm…. are there sailing lessons at Lake Norman? Maybe we can do this during the road trip (anyone a sailing instructor out there?)
19. Learn to really play the Banjo that is hiding in my closet – i did take several lessons back in the winter, but now it’s been so many months i’d have to start over again
20. Brush up on my Russian – i just need to go back to russia for this one
21. Drink only water for 3 months to try to form a habit (1/3) – i’m gonna do this! if nothing else, water will be all we can afford on the road trip 🙂
22. Have a picnic – this too! easy as pie on the trip… what makes it so hard otherwise I’ve no clue
23. Go fishing/boating with dad – and this! except he sold his boat… what?!
25. Throw a party – a going away party in March?
29. Buy a house – seeing as how we haven’t figured out where we want to live yet, this ain’t happening
31. Go to my 10 year reunion – seeing as how my high school classmates are lame and didn’t want to buy their tickets, our reunion was canceled! way to go class of 2000.
32. Finish visiting the 50 states (alabama, alaska, arizona, arkansas, california, colorado, connecticut, delaware, florida, georgia, hawaii, iowa, idaho, illinios, indiana, kansas, kentucky, louisiana, maine, maryland, massachusettes, michigan, minnesota, mississippi, missouri, montana, nebraska, nevada, new hampshire, new jersey, new mexico, new york, north carolina, north dakota, ohio, oklahoma, oregon, pennsylvania, rhode island, south carolina, south dakota, tennessee, texas, utah, vermont, virginia, washington, west virginia, wisconsin, wyoming) – this will mostly be completed by the end of the 1001 days… we’ll only have a couple left to hit up, and only alaska and hawaii left at the end of 2011.
33. Get my bicycle fixed and ride it – i don’t know if i can even find my bike in all the ivy and kudzu out there
34. Be a guest at a wedding – who’s gonna invite me?!
37. Shoot a destination wedding – amazingly, this should be completed by the end of April!
38. Pay off my school loans – i’m putting the road trip first next year… student loans will have to wait… poo!
41. Read the entire Bible – #16
42. Transition to a paperless office – as much as it would be nice, i LOVE paper… i have to have written lists and notes, and actual physical calendars to write in.
43. Play on a softball team – not gonna happen unfortunately
44. Get my teeth professionally whitened – hmmm…
45. Make 1 new recipe a month from my cookbook collection (1/33)(nov-tropical fruit cookies with mascarpone creme filling, dec-spicy bean and lentil loaf, jan-potato bake and saucy vegetable hominy over couscous, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul) – HAHAHAHA!
46. Sign up for PPA & get accepted into WPJA (1/2) (Joined PPA Feb 16 2009) – I currently have no pressing desire to complete the second part of this goal, so I might just cross it off along with #47..
47. Win a WPJA award after completing #46 – see #46
52. Camp out on the island – without dad’s boat that he no longer owns, this ain’t gonna happen
53. Buy a Wii and Wii Fit – not interested as much currently, but I would love a Kinect
54. Learn to boat and get a boating license – would still love to do this
55. See a concert at the Grand Ole Opry – can do this by the end of next year but not the end of the 1001 days
57. Go to a drive-in movie – maybe we’ll find one along the route?
58. Outsource more areas of my business – can’t wait to do this, but I don’t see it happening for at least another year or two
60. Photograph a wedding proposal the bride doesn’t know about – talked to the guy at the bank about this one… waiting for him to buy a ring & make a plan! otherwise, any other takers?
63. Second shoot with Tracy – would still love to do this one!
65. Buy 1 guilt free pair of amazing shoes no matter the cost when I truly deserve it – i love shoes, but i’m really really picky about my shoes… i honestly haven’t found any shoes i LOVE that cost enough to make this worthy of crossing off.
66. Become CPR certified – i can do this one!
69. Ride in a hot air balloon – plans to do this are underway
71. Pay for someone’s order behind me in the drive-thru – this should be a breeze
72. Give out 5 business cards a day – how about 1 a day?
73. Host at least 5 couchsurfers a year and take a snapshot of each (5/5)(2/5)(0/5) – getting close
74. Read The Princess Bride – this should be easy enough
75. Visit Kat and go with her to Cameroon – this will have to wait, but definitely getting put onto my next list of 101 in 1001
76. Visit Grace – will complete by the end of 2011, but not 1001 days
78. Visit Maria – i can do this!
80. Visit Lena – if she’s home during our road trip stop through her town, then this will be done!
81. Go to the Hog Hollerin Contest – not gonna happen in time.
82. Go to the Fainting Goat Festival – not gonna happen in time.
83. Go to the Redneck Olympic Games – not gonna happen in time.
84. Eliminate the use of plastic bags while shopping – this can be done!
87. Drive across the US and find a place to settle down – this will be partially completed by the end of 1001 days.
88. Be engaged – waiting…
89. Get a mud bath at a nice spa – don’t really feel like spending money on this right now with the trip coming up…
90. Finish my Letters book – hmmm…. this is so time consuming, but it can be done! positive thoughts.
91. Have an inspiring morning routine – see #16
93. Stay at the Grand Hotel in Michigan – this might be done during the road trip, but I think we’re going to pass
94. Stay at the Hostel in the Forest in Georgia – won’t be there by the end of 1001 but might still get there
98. Buy a 85mm 1.4 – don’t really care about this one right now since i bought the new camera
101. Go skinny dipping – when and where?