It’s almost midnight and I just realized I didn’t have a post scheduled for you guys to wake up to Thursday morning. So, I’m taking the easy way out and reposting my Thanksgiving recipe that I posted over at The Healthy Living Chronicles Blog. You must check out Laura’s blog to read my full story about this recipe:) Enjoy!
MY ADAPTATION… LISTED BELOW
- half of leftover regular onion in fridge, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- all the frozen red peppers sorted out of the bag of frozen tri-colored peppers from the freezer
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups black beans (1 lg can), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (mine was the kind seasoned with olive oil, basil & balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tbsp chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth (i used 2 vegan veggie bouillon cubes & 4 cups water)
- handful of uncooked red quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste and a whole bunch of shakes of SPIKE seasoning (because it had nearly all of the same ingredients as the Spicy Herbamare)
Directions: In a large pot, add the oil and turn heat to medium. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or so. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning. Now add the frozen pepper and butternut squash. Cook for about 12-15 minutes. Now add in the drained and rinsed beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, vegetable broth, quinoa, and S & P & Spike and stir well. Simmer on medium for 25 minutes or so.